Over Easy

For the last 7+ months I've been cultivating a serious addiction to eggs. I want to put them on everything, salads, potatoes, rice, tomatoes, curry and tonight- cabbage. I sauteed up some cabbage, turkey bacon and then topped the whole lot with a lovely fried egg. Then devoured the whole damn thing. It was delicious and easy.

I think the best eggs come from one particular booth at the farmers market but they rarely come in the winter months so I must be content with eggs from other vendors. Which I should note are still delicious but not the orange yolk colored, rich ones from Crowing Rooster farm. Oh, I dream of those eggs.

Sunday mornings are my favorite time, I cook up some hash browns, fry up a couple of eggs and then douse it all in Tabasco. Then I die and go to heaven. Really. It's probably my favorite meal of the whole week, which is why it's spilling over into my week night routine.

Last week I had little interest in dinner one night so I took an avocado, diced it and topped it with a fried egg and hot sauce. Really, I think I could put an egg on just about any savory food and be happy. I highly recommend curry with an egg on top, I believe it was a potato and chickpea curry.

There, I've now nattered on about eggs for probably entire too long and you are probably wondering if I've got sky high cholesterol (I don't) or some weird egg-centric obsession (likely).

Labels:

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At December 16, 2009 8:01 PM, Blogger Lincoln said…

    I have an obsession with deviled eggs. I downed 12 of them at a party the other night.

     
  • At February 22, 2010 11:00 AM, Anonymous Jemima said…

    I have been obsessed with soft boiled eggs ever since Holly fixed them for me when she was staying chez nous when she arrived in San Francisco. They are best doused in salt and butter. But what isn't?

    You would like france. They slap fried eggs (or over easy ones) on everything...sandwiches, pizzas...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home